Pra Somdej Phra Kru Sang – Wat In BE 2495
If you are looking for a seriously good mainstream Somdej amulet then those blessed by Phra Kru Sung , Wat In,(Bangkhunprom) should be high on your list of possibilities. This is Pra Somdej 3 Chan Hu Baisri.
In short this amulet has some of the highest concentrations of original Somdej Toh powders of any amulet other than those made by Somdej Toh himself. It is without doubt one of only a few amulets that can be used as a direct substitute for an original Somdej Toh pim.
Prakru Sung was one of the most famous and revered monks of Wat Intraviharn, Bangkok, a temple well known for the 32-metre high, 10-meter wide standing Buddha image known as Phrasiariyametri, commonly referred to as Luang Phor To, after the great monk that created it, Pra Somdej Buddhachan Toh.
Wat Intharaviharn or more popularly known as “Wat In” is located in Bangkhunphrom sub-district, Bangkok, at the nothern edge of the Banglamphoo area. It was built at the beginning of the Ayuthaya period and was originally called Wat Rai Phrik.
Amulet collectors will be familiar with this temple due to the Somdej amulets created by Somdej Toh buried under the large buddha image, commonly referred to as Somdej Bangkhunprom.
These amulets were originally created for the purpose of funding the construction of the great statue. In fact, Somdej Phra Buddhachan Toh passed away at mid night on 22th July 1872 A.D. (2415 B.E.) in the hall for sermons at Wat In.
Wat Intraviharn has been blesed with a series of very sacred monks considered to be some of Thailand’s most revered.. Among them, Gurus like Somdej Phra Bhudhacharn (Toh) Promrangsi, Wat Rakang and Luang Phor Pu who was Somdej Toh’s student. His amulets are highly sought after.
The history of Wat Intharaviharn can be traced back to reign of King Rama I ” where the King managed to suppress rebellion in Laos and brought members of the Lao royal family to settle in this area. One of these was Chao Inthawong, who was a devout Buddhist and helped to restore the local temple which is now Wat Intharawihan..
Somdej Toh first pioneered the idea of a standing Buddha and works began in 1867. His successor and royal student Luang Phor Pu and others finished the projects and the huge Buddha image, named as Luang Phor To, was finally completed only in 1927.
Previously Wat Intraviharn has also been named Wat Bangkunprom Nok or Wat Intraram, finally being renamed during the reign of King Rama VI as Wat Intraviharn.